Keeping you up to date with the most recent technological advances in bioinformatics, we can develop databases tailored to your research. Our team is well equipped with IT-systems ready to provide practical solutions to any challenges regarding data management. Upon consultation, we will carefully store your data in a reliable and secure environment so it may be kept clean, organized, and easily accessible.
Looking to consult an expert for your biobanking project?
UHN Biospecimen Services is a collaborative group comprising of experts in biospecimen management and processing, regulatory compliance, quality assurance, technology, clinical researchers and expert pathologists. They incorporate industry best practices with practical expertise to optimize consent, biospecimen acquisition, processing, storage and distribution.
Support and Guidance to Researchers and Biobanks
UHN Biospecimen Services provides support and guidance to researchers and biobanks on accessing, collecting, and using human biospecimens and associated data for health research. This includes:
- Biobank set-up and start-up
- Assessment, planning and development of biobank infrastructure
- Planning and allocation of resources
- Biospecimen management
- Biorepository accreditation
- Assistance with regulatory processes and Research Ethics Board (REB) approval
- Biobanking protocol development
- Hiring and training of biobank personnel
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development
- Deployment of QA/QC processes
- Compliance of regulatory and institutional protocols and regulations
- Tailored services to meet your needs